Plus this meal was super fast! Definitely an easy weeknight meal. We served ours with sweet potato fries. No veggies (I am such a good mom--haha)...unless you consider a sweet potato a vegetable & not a starch. But it's extremely versatile so any sides you serve will be great!
Pretzel Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken
Recipe adapted from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 2 large chicken breasts, halved width-wise to make 4 breasts
- 2 cups pretzels (I used pretzel sticks)
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400*F. Place a piece of parchment paper in a large rimmed baking sheet & then set a wire rack (like an oven-safe cookie rack) on top of the parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make honey mustard by combining mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, cider vinegar, honey, salt & pepper in a bowl with a whisk. Pour one-third to one-half of the mixture onto a plate. Save the rest in the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Pulse pretzels in a food processor until coarsely ground, leaving little bits of pretzels visible. Pour onto a plate.
- Roll chicken breasts in the honey mustard & then dredge them in the pretzel bits. Place breaded chicken breasts onto the prepared wire racks. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is done (165*F). Allow chicken to rest a few minutes. Slice & then drizzle extra honey mustard over the top or serve on the side for dipping.