It's Surprise Recipe Swap #2 & my surprise blog is Who Needs A Cape?
These gals are "not your average super moms." They do it all:
- Frugal Living
- Fun Times
- Health & Fitness
Go check them out & tell them that Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! sent you! So I decided to go the dessert route again for the swap & I picked their Snickerdoodle Bars.
These bars are absolutely delicious & so not good for you, but what delicious things are? They are darker & richer than a snickerdoodle cookie due to the use of brown sugar compared to white, so I have re-named them Cinnamon Brown Sugar Bars. I feel that resembles the flavors better than that of a snickerdoodle even though I know this recipe is repeatedly blogged by many as a snickerdoodle bar.
Anyway, if you want a super easy dessert that feeds a lot, this is perfect & is sure to cure your sugar cravings. My kids gobbled them up! Enjoy!
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Bars
Recipe via Who Needs A Cape? & approved by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, & salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream brown sugar, butter, eggs, & vanilla until light & fluffy making sure everything is combined well. Scrape bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Press into a greased 9x13" pan (I used my mini rolling pin & rolled it flat using a little flour on my pin.) Combine sugar & cinnamon & sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350*F for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back after a gentle push. Cool, cut & serve.