I originally created this recipe, without the ganache, for a bakery I worked in while I was going to college. Part of my internship was to make a cookie to sell in the store. I wanted something slightly unique, but something many people would love. They seemed to be a big hit, & I have since then, made them even better with adding the ganached tops. What gets better than toffee, almonds, & chocolate? AMAZING!
Ganache Toffee Crunch Cookies
Recipe by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 (8oz) bag of HEATH Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cream together the butter, sugars, & vanilla in a stand mixer. Scrape bowl.
- Beat the egg slightly; then add to butter mixture & mix well. Scrape bowl.
- Stir flour, salt & baking soda together in a separate bowl; then add slowly to the moist ingredients & mix thoroughly. Scrape bowl. (You need to scrape the bowl after each step so you don't have any creamed butter/sugar mixture hiding that will make the cookie spread.)
- Mix in the toffee bits, oatmeal, coconut, & almonds. Dough will be thick.
- Drop dough in 1 1/2-inch balls onto a greased baking sheet & bake for 15 minutes (edges start to get brown.) Let cookies cool.
- Melt chocolate chips & butter in a double boiler. Wait until it is melty before you stir it, or it may cease.
- Once cookies are cooled, spoon some warm ganache on top of each cookie & sprinkle some extra toffee bits/sliced almonds.
Makes: Approximately 3 dozen cookies