This is a twist from Chicken Parmesan. Crispy crusty chicken, tomato & basil sauce, avocado slices & melted mozzarella. The chicken was so easy to put together & I loved the avocado with the marinara! This dish is also very appealing to look at as well as to eat. Not too bad for you either, maybe just substitute the pasta with a salad.
Chicken Mozzarella with Avocado
Recipe adapted from Cuisine Paradise by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 2 chicken breasts halved (made into 4 pieces)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- Mozzarella slices
- Season chicken on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Set up crumbing station. One plate with flour, one plate with the eggs whisked with milk, & one plate with the italian bread crumbs & panko combined.
- Coat seasoned chicken breasts with flour, dip in egg, dip in flour, dip in egg, finish in crumbs. (This gives you a nice thick crispy, crust.)
- Bake at 425*F for 15 min. until just done (still juicy, but not pink.)
- Remove chicken from oven & top with a couple spoons of sauce, sliced avocado, & a piece of mozzarella.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts & sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with pasta & sauce or a nice salad.